Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mid Morning: Our God is Greater



1 Kings 18: 39

When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, "The LORD -he is God! The LORD -he is God!"

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

Be still. Know that God is our Lord and Savior.After taking some time to be still, exalt (glorify, praise, honor) God. Over the past several weeks, I keep thinking about listening for, and glorifying God. I continue to wonder if He is waiting on certain people to listen better and praise more fervently. And, to set the record straight, I am including myself in the list of "suspects." Or, perhaps, God is waiting from somebody to simply cry out, "He is God!"

Then, as I ponder the possibilities, I think of God's grace. I have been thinking about that (grace) a lot, lately. God has gone out of His way to accomplish something with Adam's accident.

Anybody who has spent more time in prayer, re-evaluated their priorities in life, experienced spiritual growth, turned to God for the first times in their lives, or simply been touched by one of Amy's posts to her blog, has been a recipient of God's grace.

As Chris Tomlin sings in the song, above, "There is no one like you; none like you....Our God is healer; awesome in power."

A Prayer

Dear Father, You are Lord!
You are God!
You are awesome in power.
You are the Healer.

God, thank you for pouring out Your grace to me during this time of Adam's recovery. Thank you for drawing me nearer to You.

Thank you for watching over Adam and bringing him this far along. Thank you for the skilled medical staff that has cared for Adam. I pray that you would provide them with wisdom as they care for Adam.

God, I ask that you would search my heart. Point out to me those things for which I need to ask forgiveness. Push me in the direction I need to go to fulfill Your ministry.

Lord, I once again, lift up Adam to you. Adam Root, husband of Amy Root, son of Jack and Cookie Root, child of God. Lord, heal your servant. Father, send Your Holy Spirit to minister to Adam. Send Your Holy Spirit to lay His healing hands on Adam.

Jesus, I come to you, just as the Centurion came to you with a request for healing. Lord, just say the word, and Adam will be healed.

Lord, if you are waiting on me for anything, please reveal it to me. Please do not let me an obstacle to the healing power that will bring honor and glory to You.

Thank you for hearing my prayer.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment