Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dinner: God will take care of tomorrow

By Adrienne Terada

Well our fourth day of prayer and fasting is winding down, and if you are like me, you may feel like your fervor and expectancy in prayer is winding down too. The distractions of all that has to be done in your own life-the stress of deadlines, finances, and even just daily chores, the worries of parenting decisions, your own health ailments that seem to be getting worse, etc-are all wearing you down. The worry over what tomorrow will bring and what needs to get done for tomorrow may be keeping you from true worship, true fellowship with the Lord, and heartfelt prayer.

I can't help but wonder if this is why God has allowed this tragic event to happen. To get all of us to WAKE UP! He wants us to live in faith, seeking Him whole-heartedly every day of our lives, not just when we experience a tragedy or when trouble that we can't handle on our own comes our way. He wants it every day! I urge you to recommit yourself this evening to devoting your time, energy, and your life to God. Leave your worries at Jesus' feet. Rest in His presence.

Meditate on this verse:

Matthew 6:34
God will take care of your tomorrow. Live one day at a time.

Think how different our lives would be if we truly held on to this scripture and only walked one step at a time in life, not giving thought to all the things tomorrow brings. I crave for this in my life right now. I want the peace that comes from a worry-free life, and I pray that all of you will find that today.


To Pray For:

  • Pray that Adam's family will be able to live one day at a time and not be overwhelmed by what this journey may bring tomorrow.
  • Pray for God's provision for all of the financial expenses that Adam and his family are incurring during this season (and that they would not worry about it, but trust God).
  • Pray for unification and peace among all the family members, as they are going through a very emotionally and physically exhausting journey.
  • Pray for unsaved family members and friends to come to Christ and worship Him.
  • Pray for Adam's complete healing.

As I put on one of my posts a couple of weeks ago, strive for a true meeting with God tonight. I am certain that not all of you followed my instructions last week to turn this up, raise your hands to God, and sing this as a sincere prayer offering, so I am giving you another chance.

1 comment:

  1. Adrienne, I am sitting here at the office. I cranked it up and did experience a meeting with God. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete