Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mid Morning: Bring the Rain

If you are like me, you want God to "fix everything."

We want God to miraculously heal Adam, now, so we can quit worrying, and get on with our busy lives. The only problem is, that may not be what God wants. Maybe He wants us to withdraw from our busy lives to spend more time with Him.

Pray with the assurance that God has overcome the world. Knowing that, ask Him to bring whatever rain that will bring Him Glory. The world has many problems, but the scriptures tell us to take heart.

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

A prayer from Bring the Rain, by MercyMe

God,

Bring me joy.
Bring me peace.
Bring the chance to be free.
Bring me anything that brings you Glory.

And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus bring the rain.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment