Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mid Afternoon

God is Good

My brother-in-law, Roger, is a pastor at a local church. I am not sure if I ever heard him preach, when he doesn't call out to the congregation, "God is Good!" and the people respond with, "All the Time!"

Even in difficult circumstances, God is good. Since He has a plan to which we are not privy, it is sometimes challenging for us to believe it. This is when we must rely on scripture.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

As I have stated in early postings, I like to hear other people's thoughts and commentary about certain passages. I found one that helps me understand that God truly is good, even when things seem to the contrary. I invite you to read The Blessings of Crisis (it will take two minutes), by Cornelius R. Stam.

No comments:

Post a Comment