Wednesday, June 23, 2010

God is Ready to Hear Our Prayers

Good morning! I look forward to fasting and praying with you, today. Although it may seem rather obvious to most of you, I sometimes need to remind myself that there is a God, and that He is ready to hear my prayers. For me, overlooking this obvious fact sometimes leads me to "go through the motions" of prayer.

I
don't want to go through the motions, today, nor do I want you to. So, let's start our day by acknowledging God as our Creator and Savior. Let's thank Him for all that He has provided, and ask Him to be with us, today. 

I want to communicate with God, today. I want to feel His presence. I will seek God with all my heart, and I want Him to hear my prayers, as He promised in Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 29:12-13

12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

Let's seek Him with all our hearts. Let our prayers be heard as melodies (see The honest Cries of Breaking Hearts) to the Lord. To do so, let's get back to basics and acknowledge that God exists, and that He is ready to hear our prayers.



Pray
  • For God to remove obstacles that might prevent us from seeking Him with whole hearts
  • That God will hear our prayers as melodies
  • For Adam to have a good day
  • For Adam's family to be encouraged today

No comments:

Post a Comment