Thursday, January 27, 2011

Morning After: Spirit in the Sky


Good morning! Thanks for praying with us, yesterday!

As we part for another week, keep in mind Adam, Pat, and Brandon. Each has health challenges for which we should be praying seven days a week. Praise God for Adam's continued progress. Also pray that his stomach will handle real food, and for his muscles to loosen up.

Praise God that Pat is so faithful of a servant and understands that her suffering serves a higher purpose. Unlike Adam, she has been fully aware of, and an active participant in her battle for life. She is reading what I am writing (better watch what I write!). She seems ready to accept whatever God wills for her. Let's pray for God's blessing, provision, and healing for her. Yes, I am praying for a miraculous healing. God may not provide it, but I will keep asking! I believe that it is my obligation to pray. It is up to God to respond. I do pray that you will join me!

If Adam is on the rise, and Pat is undergoing last-resort chemo, Brandon is in another place — still waiting for a diagnosis. Let's pray that Brandon's healing would begin before he receives his diganosis! And, let's pray that he, and his family, would find peace and comfort in God while waiting.

It would be interesting to be in the same room with these three people at the same time. I think that I could learn a lot about faith! What I have learned from them, already, is that I am less afraid of death than I ever have been. Although I knew it before, I spend more time each day thinking that I have a friend in Jesus. And, He is going to take me up to the place that's the best.

    Oh set me up with the spirit in the sky
    That's where I'm gonna go when I die
    When I die and they lay me to rest
    I'm gonna go to the place that's the best
    I'm gonna go to the place (that's the best)
    Spirit in the Sky, dc Talk



2 Peter 3:13

But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells

God bless! See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment