Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Evening: Create In Me a Clean Heart


Psalm 51:1-2,10-12

 1 Have mercy on me, O God,
  according to your unfailing love;
 according to your great compassion
  blot out my transgressions.
 2 Wash away all my iniquity
  and cleanse me from my sin.

 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
  and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
 11 Do not cast me from your presence
  or take your Holy Spirit from me.
 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
  and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.




Perhaps this should have been the early-morning, breakfast post. Having our trangressions blotted out, and our hearts made pure would be a great way to start the day. Yet, I also believe it is a good way to wind down our day. Things happen during the day. We sin during the day. We get stressed, resulting in words and deeds that we are not proud of. Why not use this hour to to wash away our iniquities and create pure hearts?

Adam seems to be getting ever closer to speaking. With pure hearts, let's ask God to restore Adam's speech. Also, let's ask God to provide Amy and Mackenzie with strength, endurance, and patience.

I will also pray for the joy that comes with my salvation.

We'll meet up one more time, in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment