Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Eve of Fasting: A Contrast of Emotions


Alleluia!

Holy, Holy
Are You Lord God
Almighty
~Alleluia, Michael W. Smith



Psalms 28:6-7

Praise be to the LORD,
    for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.


Praise, thankfulness, and singing alleluia to the Lord. Our prayers have been heard. Our prayers have been answered. Read this excerpt from an email that I received from Cookie (Adam's Mom), last night:

"...Adam has made amazing improvements this week. He was scored a 20 out 23 today on the jfk coma scale and is now considered officially ‘emerged from a coma’ rather than ‘emerging’..."

Wow, that is amazing! Adam has emerged from his coma! Praise God! Words cannot say how thankful I am for God's grace. I am not able to type words that express my joy for Adam and his family!

The Flip Side

There are others — perhaps reading this blog, tonight — who are simply not able to rejoice with us...or at least not to the same extent. They are in places were Adam and his family were when there was little, or nothing to celebrate. My heart goes out to them.

Tomorrow, I will be expanding our United Day of Fasting and Prayer to include two other individuals: Patricia Ashby and Brandon Burge. Both are facing very difficult challenges and are in desperate need of our prayers. I pray that you will expand your prayers to include them. Although you will hear more about them, tomorrow, pray for them, this evening. Ask God to provide both of them with peace.

Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Friends, I know that you may have entered this week thinking that we are in the home stretch. We are just begining. You know that the need for prayer never ends. We have another brother and sister that need lifted up. We have the Lord's work to do, tomorrow. Adam, Pat and Brandon need us!

Of course, each Wednesday is another opportunity to work on our own relationships with God.

See you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment