Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lunch: Word of God Speak


A lot has happened in the past month. Among other things, I have lost my dad, got to spend a lot of time with my out-of-town daughters and grandkids, and have have been blessed to rejoice in the good news of Adam's extension at Spaulding...along with his first words!

Along with the out-of-the-ordinary events, I have had the continued blessing of a wonderful, loving wife and family, a supportive small group, and a great church. God has been good to me. I feel that there is nothing more that I can say or write. I feel that we should simply let the Word of God speak.

Word of God Speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your Majesty



To be still and know
That you're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness

And, since I have been reading Romans, I will share God's word from some verses in that letter from Paul.

Romans 5:3-4

Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:9,13

9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved....13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 12:12

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

These are a few verses that stand out from my recent reading. If you have never done so, or have not done so in a long time, I encourage you to read the book of Romans. Let the Word of God speak to you. Of course, this will take longer than a lunch break, but you could start by reading and a chapter or two online, and continue at home, tonight (personally, I think it gets better the further you get into it).

As we pray, let's ask God to build our perseverance, character, and hope. Let's declare Jesus as Lord, which might be the first time for some of you...and that's alright. In fact, that is worthy of celebration!

Let's also ask God to help us be joyful, patient, and faithful in prayer.

Of course, let's ask God to continue the healing and recovery that He has already begun in Adam.

We'll meet, again, at dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment