Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Evening: In the Hands of God


In the hands of God we will fall
Rest for the restless, and the weary
Hope for the sinner
In the hands of God we stand tall
Hands that are mighty to deliver
Giving us freedom

In The Hands Of God, Newsboys



I am encouraged by this song. It is comforting to know that there is hope for the sinner -- since I am one. The words that stand out the most, tonight, however, are those that speak of rest for the restless and weary.

I have to believe that Amy, Mackenzie, Jack, Cookie, Ben, Brad, Tristan and other family members are quite restless, and oh-so weary. Tonight, pray that all of Adam's family would be renewed. Ask God to provide all of them with hope.

Psalm 25: 16-18

  16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
    for I am lonely and afflicted.
  17 Relieve the troubles of my heart
    and free me from my anguish.
  18 Look on my affliction and my distress
    and take away all my sins.

Let's meet in the morning.

Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment