Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Breakfast: God Has Plans for Us

Happy New Year! It's time for a fresh start — for all of us, including Adam. Did you establish goals for 2011? If not, you may be like me. Let's use today to seek God's will for us in 2011. Pray for Adam's healing, but also pray that God would reveal his plans for you, for this year.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

A Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father, as we begin a new year, we pray that You would give us joy to fill our days, peace to fill our hearts, and love to fill our lives. Thank You for the plans You have for Adam, and for us, in 2011. We wait in anticipation to see all You will do!

Lord, we ask that you would forgive us of our sins; to make us pure and blameless in Your sight. And, as forgiven believers, we bring our requests to You. We ask that You would restore Adam. Allow him to walk, talk, laugh, and pray in 2011. Dear God, we pray for a complete restoration of Adam.

Dear God, we ask that You would provide us with the faith to continue coming to You in prayer on behalf of Adam. Bless all those who are praying for Adam. Lord, hear the prayers of your servants who are asking for Adam's healing. Find favor with our requests for his healing.

Father, as stated in the lyrics from What Life Would Be Like, below, thank you for making the lame walk, the dumb talk, and for opening blinded eyes to see. Thank you for knowing our deepest needs as we begin a new year.

Amen.



Meet you at lunch time.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful and powerful way to start the day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to pray with Adrienne, at the office this morning. What a great way to start the day at work!

    ReplyDelete