Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dinner: The Words I Would Say


I know that the past week has been one of encouragement and cause for praise. I also know that the journey ahead is still a long one. With that in mind, I wanted to share these words with Adam's family -- those who are closest to him.

"I want to tell you
that I keep on praying...

...be strong in the Lord and
never give up hope."

~The Words I Would Say, Sidewalk Prophets



Hope. It's what will keep you going. In my opinion, it's all there is to keep any of us going. For many, we place our hope in temporary things -- school, sports, work, wealth, etc. I know that some will say, "Not me, Doug. I am not materialistic. My hope is in my spouse, kids, friends..."

The problem with placing our hope in people is that people let us down. After all, they are only human. To avoid dissapointment, disillusionment, despair, or depression, we need to place our hope in Him who does not let down.

2 Thessalonians 2:15-17

So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.


Eternal encouragement...I like that...I need that. I am confident that you do, too.

This evening, I ask all of you to pray for Adam's closest family members. Name each of them in your prayer, and ask God to provide them with eternal encouragement and good hope. As you conclude, ask it for yourselves.

We'll meet again, later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment