Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Eve of Fasting: My Redeemer Lives


I Know My Redeemer Lives

It's the first week of the new year. As we make resolutions, set goals, and plan lifestyle changes, be sure to consider setting aside Wednesdays as a day of fasting and prayer. While it's true that we would love for you to unite with us in prayer for Adam's healing, it is also a day to bring other requests to God.

As we begin our first day of united prayer in 2011, let's focus on the fact that we have a living God that hears our prayers. After months of praying for Adam, and watching my Dad's life come to an end in December, it is so comforting to me that God is with us. I am at peace knowing that my Redeemer lives. And, that after my time is done here on earth, I will see God.

At my Dad's funeral, last week, my niece, Brooklynne Levasa, sang this song. It was beautiful. It was, and is, comforting. I wish that I had a recording of Brooklynne singing it, but this will have to do.



Job 19:25-26

  25 I know that my redeemer lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
  26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
    yet in my flesh I will see God;

I look forward to praying with you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment