Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waiting on the Lord this Afternoon!

By Adrienne Terada


I hope you have spent the day drawing close to God. Now that you are well into your second day of fasting (or all week for some) and petitioning God for Adam's healing since the day of the accident, you may be wondering, "How many times do I have to keep asking God for the same thing?" Or, "If God is going to heal Adam, why is He taking so long?" I know that there were many times throughout my walk with the Lord that I asked those same questions and would just stop praying for things sometimes. I want to plead with you to not give up. You must be patient and keep putting your requests for Adam's complete healing before God. God does not operate in three dimensions as we do, and he is not on a linear time schedule.

2 Peter 3:8 says:

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day.

Even though to us, especially to those in the ICU waiting room, it feels like God is answering slowly, but His time is not our time. Although it is difficult, we must be patient and wait for God's perfect timing.

Psalm 27:14 says:

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Isaiah 40:31 says:

but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up on wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.





Continue to pray for Adam's healing. Pray that Amy, MacKenzie, and Adam's family will have renewed strength and would not grow weary as they wait upon the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. I’m Hillary’s friend, and I don’t think I’ve ever met Adam. But I’m praying. And I’m finding this blog encouraging on a completely different level. I’ve been struggling a lot with patience and with trusting the Lord to provide in my own life. The Scriptures and reflections posted here are helping me put my own “stuff” in perspective. I’m glad that God’s Word never returns void. He’s at work in this situation – and you’ve been an encouragement to me as I’ve wrestled with God over my own set of issues.

    You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete