Sunday, May 23, 2010

Next Day of Prayer and Fasting

There is More to be Done

Things are very hectic at work, right now. There is so much work to be done. And, after spending time on our day of prayer and fasting for Adam, I feel even more "behinder" than ever. So, I head to the office to work on Saturday. Wouldn't you know it, a song comes on the radio. I think to myself, "This would be good for our next day of prayer and fasting."

That's right, our next day of Prayer and Fasting for Adam will be Wednesday, May 26th. 

In my prior post (Let's Stay Passionate), I talked about the many prayers of great passion that were lifted up to God this past Thursday. I also know that we are only human. We tire easily. We get distracted. We have busy schedules. With so many responsibilities tugging at us, we relegate prayer to a few minutes each day. We don't give God enough time for two-way communication. We don't allow enough time to get passionate. Friends, this is why we must schedule it!

I know that many of you prayed for Adam, yesterday, and today, and will continue to do so. Yet, friends and relatives of Adam have asked that we unite in a day of prayer and fasting every week until he is healed. There is something about the fellowship of uniting together that brings out the passion in our prayers. 

Matthew 18: 19-20

19"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Let's come together every Wednesday to fast and pray in Jesus name until Adam is healed.

In the meantime, keep praying for Adam's healing. There is more to be done.

1 comment:

  1. The Lord has already used Adam to change lives. I know there is still more He has planned not only for Adam, but also for those who love him.

    I'm on board for weekly fasting.

    -Brad Root

    ReplyDelete