Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mid-morning Meeting With God

By Adrienne Terada

I am so excited that you are all joining us in our journey of fasting and praying for healing for my dear cousin Adam. I have never prayed so fervently for anything in my life. In fact, even though I gave my life to the Lord as a child, I never completed a day of fasting until last week, and here I am doing it again 6 days later. I feel that God is leading my prayers and urging me to passionately plea for Adam’s healing.

If you are following Amy’s blog, you read that the first, most important, thing she needs from all of us is to draw closer to God. I want to encourage you to draw closer to God this morning. So you may be asking yourself, that sounds good, but how do I draw closer to God? For each person this will be different, but it begins with a desire to seek after God with all your heart. Your commitment to pray and fast today is a huge step in moving closer to God.

The song that I picked for our worship time this morning is written as a prayer to God. I urge you to sing this song with your whole heart. If you do, you will find God, He will hear you, and He will reveal Himself to you.

Jeremiah 29:12-13 says:
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart.

Don’t just listen to this song-PRAY IT!!!! If you are stuck at your desk, put on your headphones, close your eyes and pray it silently with an earnest and sincere heart. If you are at home, turn this up as loud as you can, stand, stretch your arms out to God and cry out to Him. Even if this makes you feel uncomfortable, just try it. You will feel the presence of God wash over you. If you can’t do it this morning, do it later today when you are at home.




I have been realizing during this week of fasting, that most of us, myself included, do not stop in the midst of our busyness to meet with God often enough. The amount of time we take to meet with God will be the determining factor in how close we are to Him. It is during these times that God reveals His love, His wisdom, His comfort, His power, and His will for our lives. It is during our time with the Lord that he will fill us up with His strength to face whatever it is we will be facing that day. I encourage everyone to try to schedule more time to meet with God, even after this day of fasting is over, not only to plea for healing for Adam, but for His divine power to be with us in all of our individual struggles.

Psalm 34:4-5 says:
I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.

Meditate on the above verse this morning and know that God will hear our prayers.

Some things that you can pray for:

• Ask that God would reveal Himself to each and every one of us.
• Ask for God to show each of us how to realign our priorities to match God’s priorities
• Ask God to reconcile our family relationships and grow and strengthen our marriages in love
• In closing, ask for a full and complete healing for Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment