Friday, May 21, 2010

It's in God's Hands

Good morning!

Yesterday was an amazing experience for me. Close encounters with the Holy Spirit tend to be quite impactful. How about you?

Right now, I may not be totally coherent, but I feel confident of two things:
  1. Adam will be healed.
  2. His healing is in God''s hands.
Uniting in prayer, yesterday, was a powerful experience. We need to keep it up (more on that, later), but ultimately, God is the one who does the "heavy lifting." He is The Healer. Of course, He's more than that. I would attempt to describe Him, but He is Indescribable, as this song tells us.



Yes, at times I find it difficult to use words to describe God. And, at times, I find it difficult to know exactly what God wants me to do. In the case of Adam's serious condition, the Holy Spirit seems to be leading me along a specific path.

In a subsequent post, I will share the short story of how I got involved in this "Fasting for Adam" prayer campaign. Why do I use the word "campaign?" A campaign can be defined as "a systematic course of aggressive activities for a specific purpose." You didn't think our work was done, did you?

Our support for Adam doesn't end with breakfast, today. Our united day of prayer and fasting, yesterday, was the "kick off" for our systematic course of aggressive praying for Adam.  Read Bill LaPiana's post in the Comments section of Thursday Night: Comfort. Bill understands fully, the mission at hand.


To keep this to point, read this passage:

James 5: 13-17

13Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

So, keep praying! And, stay tuned for how we can stay on a systematic course. Watch for a new post over the weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Good morning... This is the day that the Lord has made, and I will be glad and rejoice in it ! As has been stated, this is a marathon and not a race. It requires perseverence and, as God commands, prayer without ceasing. There is much work to be done as well to prepare the fields for His harvest. There are multiple projects being put together to allow us to reach out even more to the family - such as the establishment of a long-term Root Family support fund for incurred expenses, and some fund raising events. I've heard that Adam's dad has a paypal account setup as well for donations to offset some of the expenses.

    God knows exactly what He is doing - we just need to make ourselves readily available and sensitive to His calling as to how He wants to use each of us as His vessels. It is not by accident that He has placed each and every one of us in this situation - He has a purpose for all of us ! May all the glory for what He is doing and will be doing go to Him !!

    I will soon share with you several things that God has led me to do and how everyone can be a part of it - I have another meeting to attend today with the owner of our local Chick-fil-A and hope to have some more information soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, send and email to me at doug@hedgescreek.com. With that, I can provide you with rights to post articles that would be more visible for all to see.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug, I spoke with our associate pastor Dan Clement this past Sunday asking if our church performs "James 5:14 functions". He said yes. They may have already done this, I'm not sure. Bill do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, if they haven't already, that would be awesome. Perhaps Bill could contact Amy about arranging it.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill, regarding the PayPal account that you referred to, there is a link at the top of this blog labeled "Supporting the Root Family"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastor Doug has been up several times at Amy's request, and I was there for two of his visits picking up Mackenzie and her cousin, but he was not brought back in to Adam's room during my time with him. It has been fairly limited to only the immediate family. I will check with Amy about seeking anointing with oil.. Great call - thank you !!

    ReplyDelete