Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Night: Comfort

The God of All Comfort
2 Corinthians 1:3-7

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
 
When Jeremy Camp shared these verses in his video, it did provide comfort, so I wanted to post a text version. It is reassuring to know that as we experience pain and trouble, God is here to comfort us.
 
Our Lord is not only a God of comfort, He is a God of wonders. Before going to bed, listen to one more song, and meditate about the wonder of God.


 
Enjoy a blessed evening and a peaceful night of sleep knowing that God the comforter is watching over us.

Pray that Adam will also sleep well. Pray that he will sense the comfort of God as the Holy Spirit ministers to him. Pray that he will awake healthier in the morning. Pray also for a good night of rest for Amy and Cookie.
 
Talk with you in morning.

4 comments:

  1. It's almost 11 pm and today's fast seemed a bit too easy, though we all certainly heard grumbling sounds. My wife left the house early this morning to go to a town park in Apex, so she could be alone with God to speak directly with Him as she prayed. My two oldest sons also committed today to fasting. Ben (second oldest) found it was not such a huge sacrifice to spend one day fasting and praying for Adam, and thus is praying as I type about joining me for a second day - in the hopes of an even closer time with the Lord sharing our prayers and requests for Adam's healing. As I type and think about Adam the hair on my arms is once again standing as I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. Praise be to God for He is the ultimate healer and provider - All is well... with my soul...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill, it is a blessing to hear the story of your family's commitment to prayer and fasting for Adam.

    Uncle Doug M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug, it would be nice to hear from everyone, how their day was. I'm not sure I ever wrestled/ pleaded so much with God before. Like you I need time to meditate. A woman in our smallgroup fasted for the first time yesterday. I'm excited to speak with her. Bill I'll be praying for you and Ben today. Unbeknownst to me my 9 year old son Jack fasted from breakfast yesterday and "thought of Mr. Adam at school". Thanks for your story about Marina. Adam IS cool. My Jack loves it when he and Adam wear the same brown/white striped polo shirt to church. Jack also goes to school with Mackenzie. In ending Doug your blog was awesome yesterday. I felt for the first time since last weekend I was really doing something for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, thanks for your comments. I think "pleading" is the word that describes a lot of prayers, this week. Like you, I did more of that, yesterday, than I have in a long time.

    ReplyDelete