Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mid Afternoon

Getting hungry? I am. As the day progresses, the selfish side of me wants to eat. I tend to become a bit jealous of those around me who are going about "life as usual." Lord, forgive me for my self centered, selfish cravings.

Let's keep working to keep smiles on our faces. Let's keep thanking God for sparing Adam's life. Let's remember that God will never let go of His children.



The remainder of the day may become increasingly difficult as the hunger increases. As the intensity of hunger increases, as headaches develop, as we become dizzy, let's turn our discomfort over to God. Let's keep praying. Keep lifting up Adam in prayer. Plead with God to provide a miraculous healing. Also, pray for the family members at the hosptial with Adam. Pray that the Holy Spirit would turn their hearts to Jesus for comfort, and for salvation.

God will not let go of Adam.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

1 comment:

  1. I have felt the presence of the Holy Spirit from the moment the accident occured and I stood over Adam at the track awaiting the Life Flight team. The trackside prayer requests of Amy, Mackenzie, Bayden (my 10-yr old son), and myself have been and still are being heard by our Lord and Saviour. The hair on my arms has been constantly standing up each time I think or speak about Adam and spend time with the family (which has always been a confirmation of the presence of good - as the back of my neck hair stands up in the presence of evil).

    Our family is fasting and praying for all of today - as I know that God has a miraculous plan in which He will be glorified, honored and praised ! I have not felt ANY hunger pain yet today (likely an indication I eat too much and have extra reserves), but I know that no amount of temporary discomfort over the next several days will curb my commitment to Adam being the focus of ALL my prayers and requests for healing.

    THANK YOU to everyone who is offering prayer, fasting, support, etc for this situation..


    God Bless,
    Bill LaPiana (Adam's moto-cross partner)

    ReplyDelete