Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lunch: Set Your Minds on Things Above


Colossians 3:2-4

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

When I read these verses, I think of those times when I am really ill. I long for the day when I am well. When that day comes, it feels so good. The feeling of good health is so welcome.

Likewise, life on earth is full of pain, suffering, stress, broken relationships, and other suffering. Yet, we can look forward to that day when we are united with Jesus. From our view (of being ill), appearing with Christ in glory is indescribable.



Pray:

    That Adam's ability to walk would continue to improve.

    That Adam would realize enjoyment from playing games on the Wii.

    For Adam's and Amy's marriage.

Meet you at dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment