Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Breakfast: These Things Take Time


    I want to know why pain makes me stronger
    I want to know why good men die
    ~These Things Take Time, Sanctus Real



I am encouraged. I am hopeful. I am optimistic. I am placing my faith in God.

Maybe you are more skeptical or wrestling with doubt. It is only human to doubt. If so, you are not alone. As Sanctus Real sings in the song above:

    And tell me, is it easier to doubt or harder to believe?
    Oh, there's so many questions stirring in me.

We all have questions stirring in us. That's alright. Jesus understands, and He wants to help us overcome our doubts. Thomas is an often referred to doubter that Jesus did not condemn.

John 20:24-29

     Now Thomas (also known as Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

    But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

    A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

    Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

    Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”


Jesus encouraged "Doubting Thomas" to see for himself that Jesus truly had risen from the dead. Jesus was not angry with Thomas. If you are doubting, there is no need to feel guilty. There is no need for self condemnation. Just ask Jesus to ease your doubt.

With regard to Adam, we have already seen healing miracles. Many of us (including me), have become impatient at times. Some, have been impatient throughout Adam's recovery. Like Sanctus Real tells us in this morning's song, these things do take time.

Pray

    • For patience

    • For our doubt to be removed

    • Praise God for Adam speaking on the phone (Never Give Up Praying)

    • Pray for Adam's eyesight (especially on right side)

    • Pray for Adam to continue to gain strength to walk on his own

Meet you at lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment