Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Breakfast: Joy and Blessings


James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

When I was reading the book of James, last week, I thought of Amy when I read these verses. When Jack and I were visiting Adam, Amy, and Mackenzie a couple weeks ago, I was amazed at Amy's positive, upbeat attitude. She works tirelessly and faithfully caring for Adam, in addition to being a mom. On Thursday, after yet another 12-hour day (for Amy), Jack and I took off for dinner at about 8:00 p.m. The next morning, Amy told us that she took Mackenzie to the Boston Bruins hockey game after we left! On top of a such a long day, she was suffering serious back pain. Yet, she was still smiling.

It seems like Amy uses this passage as her motto, or perhaps, her mission statement. She seems full of joy, and talks as if she lacks nothing. I should be taking lessons from her. Too often, I find myself myself wishing my circumstances were better. Rather, I should simply be full of joy when facing trials, which when I think about it, pale in comparison to hers.

This morning, let's work at considering it pure joy to be facing our current trials. Let's pray that Amy would continue to do the same. Ask God to bless her for modeling this passage, and for being such an inspiration to all of us.

    'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
    What if Your healing comes through tears
    What if the thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
    What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise
    Blessings, Laura Story



Give God thanks for answering prayers regarding Adam's next level of care. Last Thursday, Amy informed us that they are moving to Orlando on April 18th. Being accepted to care in Florida was yet another response to many prayers on Adam's behalf.

Last Friday, Adam's voice became louder. Thank God for this improvement, and pray that Adam's voice will continue to gain volume.

See you at lunch time.

1 comment:

  1. your words of encouragement and hope are timed perfectly. thankyou for being faithful to Him so that He can speak through you. I am clinging to the words and the lovely song you posted (blessings) and lifting Adam and his family up to the Lord in prayer each day. Thankyou for your faithfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete