Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lunch: God is Amazing


I am flying across the country, from Portland to Boston. Although uncertain what the next few days will bring, I cannot help but praise God that this trip is happening. Last May 15h, I was out mowing the lawn in my back yard. Gretchen walked out, visibly upset, to bring me the news about Adam's accident. Although short on details, the message was clear — Adam might not survive.

Two days later, I was riding the train to work, when I felt God instructing me to organize a "day" of fasting and prayer for Adam. Of course, that "day" has turned into many days. Even though Adam has a long way to go to be fully restored, God's answer to prayer has been amazing.

    You’re amazing
    You’re amazing, You are
    And we praise you, Lord
    For what Your hands have done
    You’re amazing
    You’re amazing, You are
    ~In the Hands of God, Newsboys



Joshua 3:5

Joshua told the people, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you.”

Pray

I pray that God will do amazing things, tomorrow. I pray that both Amy and Jack would be blessed with progress in Adam's recovery, and that God would be honored and praised as a result.

Let's pray together, again, at dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment