Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Breakfast: God was There


Matthew 18:19-20

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

I am certain that there have been more than two or three of us gathering each Wednesday to fast and pray for Adam's healing. The great news is that God has been there with us! Thanks be to God! When I think back over the past 10 months, I see God's hands all over Adam's recovery. For sure, Adam has a long road ahead to complete restoration, but God has been there through the journey. It is no accident. Many of us have been gathering in agreement to ask for his healing.

I spent four days with Adam during this past week. As I think about the time I spent there, tears are rolling down my face. I remember hearing the verdict in the days and weeks following his accident that Adam would never talk and never walk. Hanging on the wall in Adam's room is a poster that states in bold letters, "Don't deny the diagnosis, defy the verdict!" I would add, "With the help of Jesus!"

Adam is talking, we just can't hear him very well. Pray that his vocal cords will continue to gain strength. I was there to see him provide one-word answers to questions, as well as multi-sentence replies. All we need to ask for is some volume to his voice.

Adam is not walking, at least not on his own power. But, he is oh-so-close to doing so. He is walking with the aid of his walker, or with the assistance of his therapists. One day, last week, he literally started climbing up his walker. Adam's therapist smiled as she stated, "Adam, you are very feisty, today. We like that!" Pray that God would provide Adam with a little more balance and strength so that he can walk on his own.

Because of Adam's injury, his right side is his weaker side. I watched Adam eat macaroni and cheese with his right hand, at lunch last Friday. It wasn't easy, but he did it! Pray that it would get easier for Adam to feed himself.

I will share some more evidence of God's work in Adam in subsequent posts, today. For now, include the three, underlined requests (above) in your prayers. And, praise our Lord for all of the progress that Adam has made. God was there.



Let us not forget to pray also for the people of Japan. The following is from the Japan Prayer Network...

Prayer & Aid for Earthquake Victims

Here is a link to several organizations that are providing various types of relief and aid to the earthquake and tsunami victims in northeastern Japan. Network for Good. In addition to material needs, Japan stands in need of prayer for spiritual and emotional healing as well. Here is another link to an online map of Japan. You can easily find Sendai City and Fukushima Prefecture on the upper right side of the map. Thanks for praying. God bless you richly!

1 comment:

  1. Doug, Thanks for leading us is prayer, we appreciate your insight, encouragement and inspiration. God is Good.....all the time!
    God, we thank you for Adams total recovery.

    ReplyDelete