Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eve of Fasting: Boston Bound


Visiting Adam This Week

This is a special week for me. Tomorrow, I will be spending a good part of the day traveling to Boston, Adam's father, Jack, invited me to travel with him to visit Adam. So, Wednesday will be unlike any Wednesday that I have experienced since Adam's accident last May.

I don't know what to expect to experience over the next five days. I have told people that I have prayed for Adam more than anybody else — ever. Yet, here I am, feeling anxious about going to see him. Why? I am human. It is not a good time to leave my business. I really don't like long flights. I feel like I may be intruding.

Actually seeing Adam face-to-face is the part I am looking forward to. After all these months of praying for him, I would like to pray with him.

Anyway, I will be in in air, tomorrow. Although out of my routine, there will be ample time to pray. And, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday (read more about Ash Wednesday), which is a special day in my faith life. I am sad that I will miss the service at our church, but am thankful that I will plenty of time to pray.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment