Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lunch: Give God the Glory


2 Kings 19:19

Now, LORD our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone, LORD, are God.”

In his book, The Prayer Dare, Ron Kincaid writes, "If you want your prayers answered, don't make requests for your reputation. Pray for things that increase God's reputation...If you want to pray with power, ask for things that bring God glory."

Let's remember why we pray. It is not for our own convenience that we pray for Adam's healing. It is not to serve our own personal desires. When the Holy Spirit first prompted me to hold a day of fasting and prayer last May, the purpose was clear to me. Jesus would heal Adam to bring glory, honor, and praise to God. To this day, it is for that reason that I pray for Adam.

What will be the outcome of all the surgeries, medicines, therapy sessions, and prayers? An expansion of God's Kingdom that will bring Him glory. I certainly don't claim to be a prophet, but I keep being prompted to pray because God has plans to use Adam for His purposes. I envision a day where Adam will walk (better than he currently does), talk (louder than he currently does), laugh (he already does that, actually), pray (he does that, too!), and sing praises to God. I see people beling led to faith by Adam.

I might be wrong. God's will is not always clear to me. I do know that if I am wrong about Adam, I am not wrong about God. He will work this situation to bring honor to Himself. So far, God has responded to many prayers. On Thursday morning, we watched Adam reading in the book of Joshua, and transport himself in his wheelchair by turning the wheels. The wheelchair moment came after some prompting, during which I was praying that God would help Adam get the job done. He did. In the afternoon, Adam walked up and down three steps after walking in the hallway with his walker.

Folks, after the "verdict" delivered last year, each one of these activities is a miracle.



I have seen miracles just happen. To God be the glory!

During your lunch-time prayer, praise God for all of the miracles that He has performed during Adam's recovery. For starters, it is a miracle that Adam is alive. That one, alone, is worth much praise! Adam can breathe on his own, see, hear, talk (quietly), move in his wheelchair, problem solve (more on that at dinner), thumb wrestle with both hands at the same time, nearly walk, and so much more. Praise God for providing Adam with a loyal, dedicated, loving wife. God has used Amy as part of His healing process. I don't believe that Adam would be where he is, right now, without Amy.

Thank and praise God for other answers to prayer in your life.

We'll re-convene at dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment