Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Breakfast: How Big is Your God?

How Big is Your God?
Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Faith is difficult for some of us to grasp. I have heard people say something like, "I would have faith in God if there was proof that He really existed."

If we had 100-percent, absolute, hard evidence of God's existence, why would we need faith? I don't need faith to know that the sun comes up in the east and sets in the west. There is hard evidence of both, each and every day. And, as much as I believe in God the Father, His Son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, it requires faith on my part. Why? I don't know. That is simply the way God set things up.

In the notes of my study Bible, the authors write:

"Ultimately, the way we see God will determine the shape of our faith. If we see a big, faithful, all-powerful God, then our faith will rise to those levels. If on the other hand, we see a smaller God, a distant or less active God, the faith will plateau at those levels."

How big is your God? If your God is small, it is difficult to have big faith. How do you make your faith bigger? Pray, read the Bible, and worship God in song. Ask God to send the Holy Spirit to grow your faith. If your faith is big, you know what I am going to say — do the same things!

Because I see a big, all-powerful God, I believe that He can heal Adam. I know that many of you do, too. I know that many of you walk by faith.

    Well I will walk by faith
    Even when I cannot see
    Well because this broken road
    Prepares Your will for me
    ~Walk by Faith, Jeremy Camp



This week, let's unite in praying for those things that Amy has requested.

Prayer Requests

    • Adam started a new medication on Monday that is to help with his initiation and drive when asked to complete a command. Pray that this medication will help him have a quicker initiation time and to be able to follow through. Pray for this to be the case even without the medication.

    • Continue to pray God's hedge of protection around Adam's immune system.

    • Pray specifically for Adam's cognitive ability to improve greatly. Pray that he will continue to increase his scores for the cognitive testing he is undergoing.

    • Pray for Amy's back pain and sciatica. Her job is a challenging one...much more so when she is in pain. Pray that she would be supernaturally healed.

    • Ask God to send the Holy Spirit to grow your faith. Let's pray it for each other, too.

We'll add to the list at lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment