Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Evening: Open My Eyes




Mark 8:22-26

They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”

He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.

Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. Jesus sent him home, saying, “Don’t even go into the village.”


When I think about Adam's recovery, I think about this passage. There are many accounts of Jesus' healing — including the woman who was healed simply by touching Him in a crowd. Sometimes, the healing is not instant. It wasn't for the blind man in Bethsaida. Why was the man not healed on the first attempt by Jesus?

In my study Bible, the theologians write that this story may be teaching us two lessons. First, that Jesus heals in a variety of ways. Second, achieving spiritual insight may be more of a process rather than a dramatic event.

I am a believer that Jesus heals in a variety of ways. I also believe that several (or more) may be achieving spiritual insight as the result of Adam's prolonged healing process. For me, that process began last May. It continues, today. I pray that God would open my eyes to see His glory, and His plans for me.

Pray

    • Praise God for Adam's improved ability to walk!

    • Thank God for Adam's improving speech!

    • Thank God for spending time with us, today

    • Pray that Adam's ability to communicate would continue to improve.

    • Pray for patience for Amy, and all of Adam's family.

We'll meet, again, in the morning.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment