Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dinner: God is God...


...and I am not

Leviticus 18:1-2

The LORD said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘I am the LORD your God.

    God is God and I am not
    I can only see a part of the picture He’s painting
    God is God and I am man
    So I’ll never understand it all
    For only God is God
    God is God, Steven Curtis Chapman



I have had discussions with people who seem to want to make sense of all that is going on in the world. Although it can be interesting conversation at times, it is so comforting to know that I don't have to figure it all out.

This evening, I am thankful that God is God, and I am not. Can you even imagine if you and I were to see and hear all that God sees and hears? We would not be able to handle it. It would be too sad...too overwhelming.

When we are faced with difficult situations, especially when loved ones are very sick, injured, or dying, we can take comfort knowing that God is in control. As we go about trying to control our own little worlds, we need to let go and turn it over to God.

Pray for the families of Adam, Pat, and Brandon. Pray that they would all give up trying to understand why these bad things have happened. Pray that they would acknowledge that God is God, and that He sees the whole picture that we are not able to.

Because of my schedule, this week, this will be final post. However, keep on praying (I will), including a prayer for safe travel home for Cookie and Gretchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment