Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Evening: I Get on My Knees


    'Cause I've learned in laughter or in pain
    How to survive.

    I get on my knees, I get on my knees;
    There I am before the love that changes me.
    See I don't know how, but there's pow'r
    When I'm on my knees
    On My Knees, Jaci Velasquez



I mentioned in my previous post that I was feeling a lof of stress, but am still thankful — that I have not succumbed to despair. I credit this to God, and because of the amount of time that I have spent on my knees. I have prayed all my life. Yet, I don't recall spending much, if any, time on my knees. Adam changed that.

Before anybody corrects my theology, I know that God worked on me through the Holy Spirit. But, I also believe that he used Adam as part of that process. God has taken this tragic accident and used it for a lot of good. Increasing my faith is just one of many. I believe that my increased faith has come from spending more time on my knees.

Perhaps you have never gotten down on your knees to pray. Maybe you have tried it before, but it's been awhile. Maybe you kneel down to pray, often. Regardless, I invite and encourage you to get on your knees to pray, this evening. You don't need to be worried about somebody seeing you. Follow the advice of scripture:

Matthew 6:6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

I know that I am not alone. Many have been on their knees since last May. Read the results!

While on your knees, praise God for the miraculous progress that Adam has made in recent weeks, and ask Him to complete the healing that He is working in Adam. Ask God to provide Pat with more energy. And as the centurion did, ask God for a healing. Ask God for Brandon's healing, too. Be sure to thank God for hearing our prayers!

Let's meet in the morning, before we part for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment