Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Breakfast: Praise God!


Psalm 71:14

As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.


    I'll praise You in this storm
    And I will lift my hands
    For You are who You are
    No matter where I am
    Praise You in this Storm, Casting Crowns



We sang this song when Adam's recovery was not making much progress. In recent weeks, the seas have calmed a bit as Adam's recovery accelerated. While there is much room for optimism with regard to Adam, there will still be some very challenging days.

Others are in very stormy seas. Some of you are facing very difficult times. And, let us not forget Pat Ashby. She is undergoing last-resort Chemotherapy. Pat, and her loved ones, are experiencing very stormy times.

As the Psalm says, "I will praise You more and more." As Casting Crowns sing, "I'll praise You in this storm."

Regardless of life's storms, whether our own or those encountered by loved ones, the message is clear -- we are to keep praising God. Our united day of fasting and prayer is a great opportunity to praise God!

This morning, let's pray for Adam's ability and desire to speak. His mother, Cookie, arrived in Boston on Monday. She is anxious for Adam to speak to her. Pray that God would be gracious and grant Cookie with the opportunity to hear Adam talk to her.

I'll post a mid-morning praise song.

No comments:

Post a Comment