Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breakfast: Stuff that Drives Us Crazy


    Might not be what I would choose,
    but this the stuff You use.
    So break me of impatience;
    Conquer my frustrations
    I've got a new appreciation
    It's not the end of the world
    This is the Stuff, Francesca Battistelli



As we begin a new day, we all have "stuff" to "look forward" to. For many of us, that stuff seems so important, overwhelming, depressing, insurmountable, or maybe too slow to happen. All I can feel is that Adam is making progress at warp speed! Thank you, Jesus!

Put yourself in the shoes of Adam's family, Pat and her family, or Brandon and his family. Does the stuff that drives us crazy matter to them? Not much. There are such bigger things to ponder than the stuff that frustrates us each day. Today, don't let that stuff get in the way of quality time with God.

Pray for:

• Adam's continued progress this week.

• A smooth transition as Adam gets new therapists this week (details)

• Don't forget to praise God for Adam's amazing progress — including his ability to say his first prayer in 8½ months!

• Pat told me that she is especially tired, this week. She asked that we pray for an "energy boost" for her.

• I received an email from Christi (Brandon's Mom) indicating that they are still waiting for the results from last Wednesday' spinal tap. Let's pray from peace and comfort for Brandon and his family.

As we pray, let's seek first God's kingdom!

Matthew 6:31-34

So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

So, let's stop worrying, and start praying.

We'll meet, again, at lunch time.

2 comments:

  1. I have so needed to hear this after finding myself so frustrated at all of the stupid little things. If you look at it as an opportunity to to be broken and conquer, it all seems slightly more tolerable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People tell me constantly that I am amazing, how strong I am going through all the cancer treatments and working full time. I get my strength from all the love and prayers that are being sent my way. God gave bread on a daily basis to the wanderers in the wilderness; He gives me daily the strength to go on. That strengthens my faith enormously.

    ReplyDelete