Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lunch: Dealing with Doubt


Regular participants in our united day of prayer and fasting would notice my high level of optimism over the past couple weeks. I would characterize it not as optimism, but a confidence that God is working to restore Adam. I know that some of you are with me, while others have doubts. Maybe others are struggling somewhere in between. Regardless of where you are with regard to doubt, please use your "lunch break" to watch this video:



Jude 1:21-23

Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life. Be merciful to those who doubt;

Doubting Thomas

Don't forget that it is only human to have doubts. Even Thomas, one of Jesus' disciples had doubts that Jesus rose from the dead. He was the original "Doubting Thomas." Jesus was understanding as we see from these verses:

John 20:26-28

26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment