Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eve of Fasting: I Can Do Something


This week, Adam's recovery from his accident reaches the six-month milestone. I believe that God called me to help Him rally prayer support for Adam, last May. There have been some people who have been faithful prayer warriors throughout the past six months, others who occasionally join in, those who "gave up" after a week or two, and those who have yet to join. Regardless, each prayer is important.

Does it matter if you jon us, tomorrow? Consider this quote:

  "I am only one, but still I am one.
  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
  And because I cannot do everything,
  I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

I also ran across a different version of the same quote:

  "I am only one, but I am one.
  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
  What I can do, I should do and,
  with the help of God, I will do."

  ~Edward Hale

Regardless of which version you prefer, what can you do? You are only one, right? Well...not really. When you join with us in prayer for Adam's healing, you are not only one. You are one of a number of people lifting Adam up to God for healing.

What you can do, you should. And, with the help of God, you will.

I know what I should do, Lord. I should praise you in this storm.



Can you take a little time out of your Wednesday to pray for Adam and his family? I think you can. Will you? With the help of God, you will.

Meet you in the morning as we fast and pray for Adam's healing.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so privileged to join with others in this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete