Thursday, November 11, 2010

Breaking the Fast: Great is the Lord


Psalm 145:1-3

  1 I will exalt you, my God the King;
    I will praise your name for ever and ever.
  2 Every day I will praise you
    and extol your name for ever and ever.

  3 Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
    his greatness no one can fathom.



Yesterday, I attempted a new spiritual excercise. When my alarm sounded, I repeated this William Carey quote to myself:

"Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God."

Our small group discovered this quote during the past week, and talked about it on Tuesday evening. So, I decided to give it a try on Wednesday morning. It definitely is a more positive way to start the morning! Because I am only human, I guess that I don't expect mountains to move everyday. My faith is not that great. However, it did shape my attitude for the day. Doug being more positive and relaxed is a "great thing!" And, I am looking for bigger things, ahead.

Anyway, I encourage you to give it a try during the next week. This morning, we can all try, together. Let's expect God to heal Adam. What you want to attempt, is between God and you.

A Prayer

"Dear God, You are great. One of the great things that You do is to forgive me of my sins. Thank you for that! As a forgiven sinner, I pray that you help me look for, and expect, great things from You. I also ask that You would provide me with the faith and courage to attempt great things for You.

Today, Lord, I am asking You to work a miracle. Like the Centurion in Matthew, I am faithfully asking, in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, that you would heal Adam Root. Father, restore Adam so that he can walk, talk, and praise You.

Lord, I know that the restoration of Adam's brain is in Your hands, and will take place according to Your timing. Yet, I ask, that even this week, Adam would make progress in his rehabilitation. I pray that he would respond to therapy in ways that would bring encouragement to his family.

I pray these things in Your name, Lord. Amen."

Thanks for praying with us, this week. We will meet up, again, next Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment