Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Evening: Laugh, Think and Cry


I am very excited about the coming week. Tomorrow night, my daughter, Adrienne will be arriving from out of state with her husband and my two adorable grandkids. Then, Hillary arrives from Los Angeles, this weekend. God willing, all six of my kids will be here for Thanksgiving!

As many of you know, Adrienne and Hillary have posted to this blog (Hillary posted the lunch and dinner devotionals, today). This will be the first time that the three of us have been together since Adam's accident. We plan to fast and pray together, next Wednesday (Thanksgivng Eve). Most likely, it will be a 24-hour fast that ends on Wednesday evening. Because many of you will be busy spending time with your families, we will simply be posting songs of thanks next Wednesday. We don't expect a day-long commitment, but do hope that you can join us for some prayer.

I am ending our day of fasting a bit differently, this week As excited as I am for my wife and myself as we anticipate family together, my heart aches for the Root family. I pray that God would comfort them during the next week.

I encourage you to take a few minutes to assess your life, and your priorities. Tonight, I will not be turning to scripture, nor a worship song. Rather, I invite you to watch the Jimmy Valvano 1983 ESPY Awards speech. He delivered this inspiring speech shortly before dying from cancer. Thank you, Jerry Davis, for reminding of this with your Facebook post, this week.



A Full Day...

...Laugh
...Think
...Cry

...and pray. Pray for Adam and his family. Pray that all of Adam's family would keep their dreams alive.

Don't ever give up! Keep praying for Adam's full restoration!

(talk with you in the morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment