Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lunch: Look Up!!!

by Adrienne Terada

Has life got you down? Are you experiencing troubles? Does your life feel desperate? Are you in pain physically or emotionally? Do you feel like you have hit rock bottom, or are you even just feeling a little discouraged? LOOK UP!!

Troubles will come in this life, we can be sure of that, but how we handle them has a huge impact on our lives and the lives of those around us. Even when we don't understand God's will or process, we must continue to trust Him. When we panic, we fail to trust God, and life will grow desperate. We often rely on spouses, friends, careers, parents, mentors, doctors, education, bank accounts, etc, but we need to lean on God first. LOOK UP!!

Psalm 143:8
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Last week, I mentioned that I had a couple of days where I was very downcast because I had not spent enough time in fellowship with God, and my sister (Hillary) was with me. She simply said, "Look up, A, look up." These simple words were so powerful because it really is all about our choice to either focus on all the attacks on our happiness or focus on our Savior. When life has you down, look up to our God and Savior. Worship Him, praise Him, open dialogue with Him, and TRUST HIM!!



Pray...
  • That Adam would be completely restored.
  • That Adam's family would be able to LOOK UP during this time.
  • That all of us would be able to LOOK UP all the days of our lives.
  • That we would be able to encourage each other during storms with the words LOOK UP.

No comments:

Post a Comment