Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Evening: Listening and Being Led

One of the things I like about our united day of fasting and prayer is that it gets me to think about, and talk with God more often than other days. Some Wednesdays, like today, are a bit too hectic, and I don't get as much time in prayer and meditation as I would like. This has been a day with its challenges. Yet, I have found comfort in the time that I did spend with God. There were times when I felt His presence.

My biggest dissapointment was that I did not feel like I heard Him speaking to me. However, I am pretty sure that I did not listen long enough, nor hard enough to hear Him. If you can relate, perhaps we can get into the mode of listening to God, by listening to what He hears.



I think that I need to keep listening. My simple prayer will be for the Holy Spirit to lead me; for the Holy Spirit to give me words to pray for, and about, Adam's healing — tonight and in the future.

My stomach is growling a bit. Just enough to remind me to think of God, and of you. It is good to know that others have been praying with me. Thank you for your participation. Let's meet in the morning, as we return to a "regular day."
For now, I know one simple fact: Jesus, I believe in You!



Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment