Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dinner – Pain

By Adrienne Terada

We all experience pain at times throughout our life. There is physical pain and emotional pain, the pain of losing a loved one, the pain of rejection, the pain of broken relationships, the pain of chronic or severe injury, the pain of watching a child suffer, the pain of disappointments, etc.

This morning I woke up in severe physical pain to the point of feeling like I could not and did not want to move out of bed. I cried out to God to take my pain away, but then corrected myself. I offered up a new cry to God, "Lord be glorified in my pain. Help me to have joy in the midst of my pain. Help me to give thanks in my pain. Help me to remember that I am still in your Hands and you are still God-still in control."

After my cry out to God, I started thinking of all the people I know that are experiencing some kind of pain. (I have heard so many stories lately and received so many prayer requests.) Of course, Adam, Amy, Jack and Cookie, and the rest of Adam's friends and family were the first to come to mind. My prayer for them today is that they would be able to experience God's hands holding them in the midst of their pain.



When your world is shaking, take comfort in the knowledge that Heaven stands. When your heart is breaking, take comfort in the truth that God's hands are holding you.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall their be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment