Thursday, July 8, 2010

Breaking the Fast to Live and Love


Deuteronomy 30:16

For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

Hillary's "Eve of Fasting" post (Delighted in a Delightful God) stuck with me throughout yesterday's fast. She spoke about praying for all those fasting — that Wednesdays would not be a day that we dreaded. Rather, that it would be one full of excited anticipation.

I prayed, too, and tried to keep reminding myself to delight in the time spent with the Lord. I cannot say that I was 100-percent successful. And, I probably never will be. However, I can keep working at it. I want to walk in His ways and keep His commands. And, selfishly, I want to live and increase. That may or may not be part of God's plan for me.

During a time of meditation, I thought about living each day as if it were my last. What would I say to God? What would I say to those I love? What would I do? Surely, I would not spend as much time at work as I did, yesterday! Rather than fret, worry, and wrap myself up in the cares of the world, I would want to very simply, live and love.


Until next Wedneday, I will praying for God to show me how to do more living and loving.

Today, I will be thanking God for Adam's good day, Wednesday (see God is Compassionate on Amy's blog). I encourage you to join me in this prayer of thanksgiving. God heard our prayers and answered them wiith a "Yes," yesterday!

Keep praying for the specific items listed in last night's post (Keep Praying). Let's be lifting our voices to God with these requests that were sent to us from Adam's mom, Cookie.

Until we unite together next week, keep praying, and keep living and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment