Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Breakfast: We want to see you...


...High and lifted up,
shining in the light of Your glory.


Good morning!

I am looking forward to spending time with God, today. I want to see Him. I want to hear Him. I want to feel His presence (see last night's post). I trust that you want the same.

A Prayer

Dear Father,
We want to meet with You, today.
We want to hear You.
We want to see You.
We ask that the Holy Spirit would lead us into your presence.

Lord,
Forgive us of our sins.
Make us blameless in Your sight.
Today, we are united in earnest prayer.
Together, we will petition you to heal Adam.
It is our prayer that you will delight in our unity.

Jesus,
We cling to Your words that say,
"If two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask,
it shall be done for them of My Father which is in Heaven."
We ask that our prayers would have irresistable power.
And, that You would answer them.

God,
We lift up Adam Root to you, today.
Adam, husband of Amy Root; son of Jack and Cookie Root; child of God.
Together and united, we ask that You would heal him.

We humbly come before You to ask that:

• You would drive any and all infections out of his body.
• Adam's fevers would subside and his body would return to normal temperature
• You would restore Adam's brain so that he can hear, talk, think, and act as he did prior to his accident.

Lord, hear our prayers.

Amen.

Lamentations 3:22-25

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

(Let's meet, again, at lunch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment