Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dinner: Dear Mr. God


I imagine a day when Adam clicks through the pages of this blog. I am sure that he will want to catch up on what he missed. His family will tell him lots of stories. He will ready Amy's blog. Maybe he never gets around to this blog. But if he does, he will see some points where we were encouraged and other times when we were a bit discouraged. Yet, I hope that he sees we never lost faith that he would be healed.

Of couse, I am really stoked, right now. I am very encouraged. Any reader of last week's or this week's blog should not have much difficulty making that observation. At the same time, I realize that some of you may not be. Some of you may be discouraged. Some of you just might be a little melancholy, while others are confident, but not ebullient. I understand. I have been in those places during Adam's recovery.

Wherever you might be in your faith journey, it may be time to write a letter to God.



While you are writing, be sure to write about Adam and his family. Thank Him for remarkable things that are happening in Adam's recovery at Spaulding. Thank Him for Amy's unbendable faith. Thank Him for hearing our prayers, and reading our letters.

Dear God,

Thank you for teaching me patience over the past five months. Thank you for being patient with me. It has been an interesting, yet challenging time. And, I have not always responded in a way that would be pleasing to you. Please forgive me.

As You know, I have had some ups and downs since May 15th. Yet, despite the swings in my outlook, it seems like Wednesdays are more "up" than "down." I don't know how many meals I have missed since Adam's accident, but it has been worth it to spend more time with You. Thanks for being so willing to spend time with me, and with all the others that unite in prayer on Wednesdays.

For awhile, it seemed like nothing was happening. Adam seemed to be stuck in the same place. Yet, You had a plan — one that took Adam from North Carolina to Boston. It sounded kind of strange at first. Then, I read about Spaulding, and I watched the Jason Crigler video. It was, and is, so encouraging.

God, reading Amy's blog about Dr. Chae made my spine tingle. It brought tears to my eyes. Nobody, but You, could have envisoned Adam's recovery unfolding this way. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

God, as You know, I am really excited about Adam's continuing recovery. Yet, I am sad. I am sad that there are those I love who have not yet come to You for forgiveness. I do hope that You have a plan for their spiritual healing, just as You do for Adam's physical healing. I have every confidence that You do. For that, I am grateful.

Thanks for all that You have done!

Love,
Doug

1 comment:

  1. Adam, just in case you are reading (at a later date)...

    Gretchen and I just got home (7:00pm), Tucker and Jenn were in our kitchen making us dinner. So, I am going to break my fast as it's the only polite thing to do! :-)

    I will still be praying for you, this evening.

    ReplyDelete