Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Breakfast: Talking with God


Prayer

Good morning! Thanks for joining us on our united day of fasting and prayer. If you are joining for the first time, or the first time in a long time, I would like to remind you that there are no rules for participation. You don't have to fast, but here is why we do. And, if you have a limited amount of time to pray, give what time you have.

Not Sure What to Pray? Don't worry. God will understand. Start by watching this video:



A Prayer

Dear Father, forgive me of my sins.
Guide and direct me, this day.
Help me to listen; that I would follow your guidance
  and live according to Your will.
Thank you, Lord, for being a loving God.
Thank you, for being a God of grace and mercy.
Thank you, for sending your Son, Jesus Christ to die for me —
  that I might be forgiven of my sins.
As a forgiven sinner, Lord, I bring to You a humble request.
Father, I lift up your servant, Adam Root,
husband of Amy Root, son of Jack and Cookie Root.
Lord, I pray that you would provide Adam with the best team
  to guide him through his rehabilitation at Spaulding.
I ask that You would guide and direct their every decision
  and interaction with Adam.
God, I ask that you would restore Adam while at Spaulding.
Lord, I ask that Adam be able to walk, talk, and laugh.
I pray that he would be restored, just as others have been restored at Spaulding.
Lord, I ask that you would hear my prayers,
  and hear the prayers of all those praying for Adam, today.
I ask this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Nehemiah 1:4-6

When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven. Then I said:
  "O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants, the people of Israel.


Let's meet again, at lunch (see time zone considerations)

No comments:

Post a Comment