Thursday, October 7, 2010

Breaking the Fast: God Supplies Our Needs


Philippians 4:15-23

15Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; 16for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. 17Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. 18I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

20To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Final Greetings

21Greet all the saints in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send greetings. 22All the saints send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar's household.

23The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

I am no Paul. I have neither been as faithful as him, nor have I suffered like him. Yet, I do know that God has provided for me throughout my lifetime. God supplies our needs according to His riches.

When I consider Amy's life, I cannot help but think of her need for support from fellow believers. Whether prayer support (see last paragraph), practical support (see Whirlwind), or meeting other needs, brothers and sisters in faith are to respond with support — like the people of Philippi did for Paul.

But, shouldn't I rely on God, not mere humans? Oh, yes, I know that people can disappoint at times. Yet, I also know that God sends people to help those in need. Regardless of the actual form or delivery system, I know that my help comes from the Lord.



Pray for God's continued provision for Adam and his family. I got to spend some time with Jack (Adam's father) on Saturday. There was a lot of conversation about Adam as we drove to Corvallis for the Oregon State football game. At one point, Jack provided an estimate of the cost of Adam's medical care. It was a huge number! Thank God for the wonderful medical insurance that Microsoft provides to their employees!

You see, God's provision is supplied to us in different forms. It might be in the form of medical insurance, a friend bringing a meal, or a body of believers offering up prayers. It shows up in different ways, but it is sent by God.

Until next week, glory be to God, and may the grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

Sunday Night Prayer & Worship
(from Amy's blog)

Just a reminder to please join us this Sunday OCTOBER 10th 6:30-8:00pm Night of prayer for Adam's recovery and a time to worship God for all that He has done, is doing and what is yet to come. This will be held at our church Triangle Community Church 4216 Kildaire Farm Rd, Apex, NC 27539. If you are not in the area please consider joining us by setting this time aside and praying for Adam's recovery from wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment