Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Eve of Fasting: The Importance of Prayer

Prayer

"Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees."
~Corrie ten Boom

Wednesday is your opportunity to schedule an appointment with God. Join us as we fast and pray for Adam's healing. As always, if you are not able to fast, you are still welcome to join us in our united day of prayer and fasting.

Of course, most of us are praying daily for Adam. Yet, I find that I spend more time praying on Wednesdays than any other day of the week. There are two reasons for this: 1) It is in my schedule to join with friends and family to lift Adam up in prayer; and 2) Fasting helps remind me to pray and meditate.

1 Kings 13:6

Then the king said to the man of God, "Intercede with the LORD your God and pray for me that my hand may be restored." So the man of God interceded with the LORD, and the king's hand was restored and became as it was before.

As brother and sisters in Christ, let us join together, on Wednesday, to intercede on behalf of Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment