Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Evening: Cry Out to Jesus

In last night's post (Storms of Life), and this morning's breakfast devotional, we took a look at life's storms, and how we should respond. At lunch and mid afternoon, Hillary wrote about knowing God. At dinner time, Adrienne wrote about replacing life's "what ifs" with "even ifs."

One thing that I know to be true is that we all face storms of one type or another. For those of us who know God, we need to depend on Him for deliverance. As hard as we try to say, "Even if," the storms can seem too overwhelming at times. My wife, Gretchen, and I were talking, last night, about how tired we are getting of waiting for something (healing for Adam) to happen. She followed that up with, "I cannot even imagine how tired Amy, Cookie, and Jack must be."

Yes, I am certain that they are very tired. I know that some of you are tired. I am tired. Yet, even if we are tired, even if we are weary of praying and fasting, even if road ahead looks long and uncertain, we we can cry out to Jesus.


We want Adam to be healed.
Cry out to Jesus.

We hurt because of Adam's condition.
Cry out to Jesus.

We worry about our job or business.
Cry out to Jesus.

Life is not working out as we planned or hoped.
Cry out to Jesus.

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus
~Third Day

Jesus, Himself, cried out to God:

Matthew 27:45

About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" — which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

In His suffering, Jesus cried out to God. He will understand when we cry out to Him. I have felt sad the past two days. I am missing my daughters. I am missing my grandchildren. I feel pain for Adam's family. I feel helpless.

Even if all seems lost, I will cry out to Jesus.

(one more post this evening at 9:00 p.m. eastern)

No comments:

Post a Comment