Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lunch: Sorrow

By Adrienne Terada

This week I have been thinking a lot about sorrow. Though we all know that Amy and the rest of Adam's family are experiencing great sorrow, most of us can't even begin to imagine the pain that they are feeling. This last week I got just an itsy, bitsy taste of the sorrow that comes from missing a loved one. My sister, Hillary, one of the other contributors to this blog, was living here with me in Wichita, KS for the last five months. Well, last Wednesday, I watched her drive off to begin another new adventure back in LA. The pain, the sorrow, the emptiness, and the loneliness was so hard that my heart has been aching inside my chest. Everywhere I went, everything that happened, everything in the house was bringing back a memory of a time that we shared together. Even now, as I am up late on Tuesday night writing this post (as I often am), I am thinking of how we sat together many times on the couch with our laptops writing posts. Now I am in a quiet, dark house all by myself.

I really began to think of the immense ache that Amy must feel, and I want us all to pray today for Amy. Pray that God would be a comfort to her today and in this season of sorrow. Pray that God would refresh her each day with new joy. Pray that the memories and reminders would bless her and not burden her with sorrow.

During my sorrow this week, I found that the only thing that would make the ache go away was to sing praises to God. Sing to God in your sorrow. Whatever your circumstances are, give Him your praise today. Remember that God is working in Adam and Amy and in your situation for good.



Romans 8:28

God works all things together for good for those who are called according to His purpose.






3 comments:

  1. *tears*

    so thankful we can still sing songs of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have been thinking about sorrow the last few days. Between Amy's blog yesterday, a 14 year old from our church dying yesterday after a 2 year battle with luekemia and thinking much about family and the distance between so many it's been a hard week. I love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the joy that's coming!

    ReplyDelete