Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Special Post: I love you, Dad!


My Dad went home to be with Jesus, late Sunday night. He got to spend 88 years on this earth. Despite his "ripe old age," I miss him.

It's Christmas week, with all the busy-ness generally associated with it. Plus, this is one of, if not the busiest weeks of the year for the business that Gretchen and I own. And, my sisters and I are planning Dad's funeral next Tuesday. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

My niece, Brooklynne, put on a concert this past Saturday night. She is a wonderful singer. I spoke with Adam's father, Jack, who attended her performance. He offered his condolences to me as my Dad was nearing death. I told him that it was time, my Dad had lived a full life.

Then I told Jack that that it was not Adam's time. I told Jack that we would keep praying for that day when he would be able to carry on a conversation with Adam. Oh, how I hope that day brings glory and honor to Jesus!

I apologize if I don't appear to be coherent. I am tired and emotional, but still thankful for God's provision. And, I am still looking forward to praying for Adam, tomorrow.

Dad, I don't really know how things work in Heaven. But, if you can put in a good word for Adam, his family would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I love you,
Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment