Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Eve of Fasting: Hear Our Prayers


Psalm 4:1

  Answer me when I call to you,
    my righteous God.
  Give me relief from my distress;
    have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

When David wrote this Psalm, he expected God to answer him. Do you? Like David, I expect answers to my prayers. I also know that God's answer may not be exactly the answer that I want, in the time frame that I want. During the journey of Adam's recovery, many of us are discovering this simple truth. However, I don't believe that means we should give up or lose faith.

Psalm 4:3

  Know that the LORD has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
    the LORD hears when I call to him.

The Lord hears when we call to him. Let's all call on him, tomorrow, for Adam's continued recovery. This evening, pray that God would hear our prayers, that He would find favor with our requests, and bestow His grace on Adam.



I look forward to fasting and praying with you. As usual, we will unite together at breakfast, lunch, dinner, in the evening, and on Thursday morning.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment