Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dinner: My Heart Aches — Hold Me Jesus


by Hillary Mortensen

I learned one hour prior to writing my lunch-time post that my Mortensen grandfather passed away. I’m not sure why I am telling you this except to say that it hurts. My heart aches as I grieve the loss, even if my spirit rejoices that my grandpa is now with the Lord and free from the restraints of his ailing physical body. Tears well as I replay memories with him in my mind. Sobs resound as I think of my own father’s loss. I am reminded of my total weakness and vulnerability.

Just minutes ago, I received this verse in my inbox:

For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6
Wow. Amazing, isn’t it? We are celebrating a season in which we give praise and thanks for Jesus who comes to us as our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. Let us pray that we would all, especially Amy and the rest of Adam’s family, experience Jesus in these roles. When we need counsel, when we need might, when we need a father, when we need peace, Jesus is.

In our weakness, let Jesus show His strength: “Jesus, please hold me. Please hold Adam and his family members, as well. You have been King of our glory; come be our Prince of Peace.”



And for a very appropriate Old School song:



Pray that Jesus would hold Adam's family close during the Christmas weekend.

1 comment: